Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Escapist!


This will probably be the oldest custom I'm willing to post on this blog...he was made in April of 2005. I just recently re-read Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay for a book club I run. The first time I read it was in 2002, and I thought it was fantastic. It was even breezier the second time around. The Escapist here is not without his lumps and bumps, but I still really think this recipe worked well. I gave it to my friend shortly after I made it (he was the one who actually recommended the book to me), so I may one day make one for my own collection. The head is a DC Direct Aquaman, and the body combines Aquaman's body with some Namor parts as well. The key logo and mask are made from vinyl.

1 comment:

comicking92 said...

Oh wow! I was just going through your blog and I saw this and I was like "Oh sweet!!". Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay is one of my all time favorite novels, seriously my copy is so dog eared from all my readings of it. And the comics, the ones put out by Dark Horse, hunted them all down, read them all. This is a fantastic custom Bruce, utterly fantastic.