Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The League of Marvels and Joshua Izzo










The most satisfying project I've ever taken part in was my collaboration with Joshua Izzo. The two of us elaborated upon an idea that Joshua had...combining steampunk/victorian aesthetic with Marvel superheroes, and developing a massive, epic story that spans the globe. Over two years (2005-2007), the two of us contributed a suite of custom action figures and background stories to fill out the concept, and these combined efforts were presented during the on-line Custom-Con events that take place a few times a year. What you see above are my contributions. Why am I posting these now? Well, to celebrate the launching of Joshua's fancy new site at http://www.joshuaizzo.com/ ...he's among my favorite customziers, and an early influence on my style and interest in customizing. Be sure to explore his website in it's entirety...he has some great illustration work, and the site design is extremely attractive and easy to navigate. Also, to check out the Custom Con entries, follow the links below:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

4 comments:

Tim Baron said...

WOW, got to your site thru Eric Orchard. These are stunning works of art. How do you make these?

-fellow action figure geek

Eric Orchard said...

These are so amazing I feel embarrassed of my own talents. These are jaw droppingly amazing Bruce. You need to send in your stuff to Spectrum!

bruce said...

Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

While these are older works with lots of technical warts, I think they're also some of my strongest design work. I'd like to point out that Joshua was instrumental in the Spider-Man design...he had some brilliant ideas that got me to where I wanted to go.

Ben Hatke said...

Could you post some more pics of that Spiderman? It's really cool. As are the others.