Monday, September 14, 2009

Crossroads and Hellhounds



Thought it was time for something a little different. This is another oldie...I made this three or four years ago for a 12 year old kid who loved Robert Johnson...I thought it would be a neat project that would mix things up from the usual superhero fare that I was mostly making at the time. He wasn't time-consuming, but the resculpting of the head was tricky, and the cloth work was a challenge for me at the time (I hadn't yet figured out a good method for making pants). One thing making this custom did do was prompt me to pick up a collection of Johnson's songs to get me in the right frame of mind while making him. Not a bad thing. The figure I used is beyond memory. The head is a heavily modified Professor X (the Patrick Stewart version, believe it or not). The guitar is from a McFarlane Toys Elvis...I wish I would have made it from scratch, but this was before I started utilizing styrene in my customizing, which would have been my material of choice.


1 comment:

Eric Orchard said...

What the Hell?!?!? Where did this come from? And I'm on a huge blues thing right now. Really incredible, I just love it.