Monday, March 29, 2010

Mr. Freeze 2006





Back to 2006 for this one. Mr. Freeze is one of those characters that just begs to be redisigned again and again. Added a great deal of gravitas by Paul Dini in the Batman Animated Series, Freeze became one of Batman's best and most tragic foes. My version here was truly an exercise in absurdity...the boots just had to be used, and this seemed like an interesting opportunity. The parts list is long...mostly Marvel Legends and a few random accessories (the giant Ice Pak on his back is from a KISS psycho circus figure). The dome is from a Krazy Glue canister...I loved the way the glue frosted the top of the dome...it photographed beautifully. I think I still have this one kicking around in a box somewhere. One of my favorites.





5 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Wow!! This one's incredible! Love the icy colour choices. So cool.

Blayne said...

Very well done. :) I can pick out a few parts here and there - but I haven't a clue where those boots came from.

What figure donated it's footwear for your amazing Mr. Freeze? :)

bruce said...

Thanks, guys. The boots are from a really strange, cheap toy...he was this scale red dude wearing armour, and had a large cannon for a hand. No idea what line or license the toy was from.

Rick said...

Very cool I am really digging all your Batman world creations! Keep up the great works.

tye said...

Absolutely awesome interpretation and an incredible execution. Do you remember what you used for the freeze gun?