Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Work Posters










First off, I have no idea what the hell is going on with my blogger settings. I changed NOTHING and now my images are being dumped into the post at random. Anyway, these are a handful of posters I did for my work (I'm a librarian who will take the occasion to produce artwork in my sparetime...but when the opportunity presents itself to merge the two, I will do so without hesitation). I really enjoyed working on these...the booksale ones were my attempt at capturing a lurid pulp style, whereas the northern critters are for a winter reading program promotion. I'm sure that there are a lot of issues with these from a technical point of view, but when someone is okay with paying me to paint pictures, I'm not going to turn them down.

3 comments:

kittypocket said...

bruceo, you = fantastic. will you please come to my library and paint fabulous posters? we will pay you, even if only in candy. (as if that's not totally the best type of payment there is...)

curly wurlys for posters: @ your library!

David said...

All of these would up my interest in any book sale tenfold. Excellent work, Bruce.

bruce said...

Candy is adequate payment. Thanks for the kind words...both of you. And David, I was trying to imagine what kind of poster would draw me in to something like this...I guess you and I are on the same wavelength.