Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More light for the Bridge





It was nine months ago that I was generously shown by a fellow modeler how to light a model (he did a good job, because the stuff he taught me stuck in my mind). The Bridge has essentially been sitting untouched since then, but I figured I'd best get to work and finish the lighting on the nerve center of the Enterprise.

Since I have the removable section of workstations, I have wired two separate strings of lights using two AA battery boxes. This way, the workstations can be removed, but the lights in the remaining bridge stations will be separately lit. I'm sure there is a way of doing this using the same power source, but this seemed like the most direct solution for a newbie like me.

The lights do look sharp in person, though my choice not to wire this thing before construction was complete irks me...I now have a like of lights that need to be covered on the top of the model.

1 comment:

JhonnY said...

Hi, I´m from Brazil, and I liked your work. I would like to know if you sell your action figures. Thanks